Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Fatal Attraction

I really enjoyed this book and the movie was truly hilarious. My favorite thing about both
of them though was their detatchment from everything. I think because i was like that for
most of my life as well. I was just going through the motions of getting up, going to
school, coming home, doing homework, and going to bed. I was never allowed to go
over my friends houses or really talk to my friends outside of school. That in itself made
me keep my friends at a distance. The characters of Fatal Attraction though keep people
at a distance willingly. I thought this was interesting because it made them seem all stuck
up and pretencious as Lauren would say. I thought that the saddest part was when
Lauren goes to see Victor and he doesn't recognize her. It was sad because i have had
something like that happen to me. This guy that i had a crush on for 3 years one year
didn't recognize me. I was a little hurt because we had at least one class together and we
even talked and studied together. So i really felt what Lauren was going through, though
I'm sure her hurt was greater than mine, considering she though Victor was her
boyfriend. I at least didn't make our relationship more than it was. I like Lauren's
character in the book because even though she is completely obsessed with Victor she is
still a really strong female character. In fact she is more like a guy than the guys in the
book. I love how even though the book is supposed to be a testement to the death of
romance that "love" is still in the book. I don't think that their obsessions are obsessions
but love. It seems to be the only thing that they are really interested in their lives. It
gives them a bit of humanity back to them instead of beign complete vessles.

No comments:

Post a Comment