Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Cat on a Hot Tin Roof

My Group worked on Cat on a Hot Tin Roof. The play was so interesting that we had to come up with a way to give a presentation that would be as equally interesting. I was the first person to send emails to the group and I got the ball rolling. I suggested that we do a skit on a television show like Jerry Springer. My idea was to make Cat on a Hot Tin Roof more relevant to today’s society. However, we were having trouble actually getting together so Jacqui came up with the Jeopardy idea. We all came up with a plan instantly. I did most of the organizing with Hannah. The two of us met up at the Library and came up with our categories and then I passed the idea onto Doug and Charles when they joined us since Hannah had to leave. Jacqui and Oswaldo we unable to make it that day, I sent them what we had done that day. We each came up with our own categories based on what we were interested in with the book. My topic was quotes. I wanted to choose quotes that would have the class talking and thinking, why would they say that? Since we were playing Jeopardy I didn’t want to make the quotes too long so I took some short yet thought provoking quotes. These quotes as I read them again really made me think, why would they say that, or use those specific words. All and all this project was very fun because it allowed us to work together without having to be together throughout the whole process. Our constant email communication allowed us to share ideas and send each other what we had done.

No comments:

Post a Comment